Sekhukhune United F.C.

Sekhukhune United manage to get a point in their final DSTV Premiership encounter

Marumo Gallants and Sekhukhune United Football Club played to a 2-2 draw in their final DStv Premiership match at the New Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane on Saturday afternoon.

Bahlabane Ba Ntwa pressed on in the opening stages of the first half, earning themselves a free kick in a dangerous position in the 9th minute, but the host was unable to make the most of the opportunity.

Babina Noko goalkeeper Toaster Nsabata positioned himself well to deny Celimpilo Ngema another goal-scoring opportunity just moments later in the first half.  

20th minute into the first half both teams found themselves engaging in a much calmer approach after a high paced opening first 15 minutes. The host continued applying pressure on the visitors forcing rash challenges from the visitors’ side.

Babina Noko got off to a flyer in the second half and broke the deadlock in the 46th minute courtesy of a half time substitute Chibuike Ohizu.

Bahlabane Ba Ntwa side replied eight minutes later after they were awarded a free-kick in a promising position, attacker Sibusiso Sibeko found the back of the net.

Marumo Gallants were awarded a penalty just after the hour mark and subsequently took the lead through Ndabayithethewa Ndlondlo, who converted from the spot. The lead assisted the host team to dominate ball possession playing inside the Sekhukhune United half for most of the encounter.

With five minutes left on the clock, Babina Noko fought back and equalised thanks to Nyiko Mobbie‘s goal. In the end, Marumo Gallants and Sekhukhune United ended their campaign with a 2-2 stalemate.

XI: Nsabata, Kabwe, Gyimah, Mobbie, Mahlangu, Madonsela (Rusike 67’), Maart, Katsande (Ledwaba 83’), Parusnath (Ohizu 46’), Shai (Leepile 67’), Nxumalo (Mncube 46’)


More Posts

YUSUF MAART .. thank you

Sekhukhune United Football Club would like to thank Yusuf Moegamat Maart for his incredible service to Babina Noko and we wish him all the best on his move to Kaizer Chiefs Football Club.